Virtual production opportunities, Play-to-earn gaming and paying viewers to watch video: The Content3 forum #1 video drop
GM, GA and GE people ❤️🔥
Thank you to the dozens of superstars who joined me for the world premiere of Content3 via Zoom on Wednesday.
It was fantastic to have such talent to discuss the new opportunities of Web3 and the Metaverse with.
In the call we heard about:
- How @damianc from Blend Media built and sold his company Viral Spiral and then sold a famous video as an NFT for £538,000. 2
- The topic of NFT rights and the realities of exploitation potential of an archive with @M Alim
- The ease of minting and selling content on OpenSea
- @afaidd explaining how he bought dozens of Gary Vee's new books to access the accompanying NFTs, without having to pay gas fees.
- @Jasper digging into the practicalities of rights allocation within the metaverse, and how sales might be partitioned
- The original Metaverses - with @PJ Walker taking us all the way back to Blaxxun in 2000!
- @Alex explaining the game of StarCrazy, where you earn real-world money by playing the game
- The emerging opportunity of rewarding content consumers simply for watching stuff - "Like a Tesco Clubcard", says @M Alim
- @Peter talking about his experience in setting up a crowdfunding site for scripted TV series
- @Rachel discussing the huge opportunity of creating and producing content for the Metaverse using virtual production
A few people have asked for the video of our conversation, which is available here:
We will reconvene on the next Content3.0 call at 17:00GMT on January 12th 2022.
Please let us know what you'd like to dig into - this is an open opportunity to help shape the conversation.
And don't forget to jump into the Discord server so we can share all the exciting newness there...
Hope you have a great weekend! 🎸